I saw "Hachi: A Dog's Tale" a month or so ago, and after that, I kept thinking about Hachiko so much that I decided to find on Google Maps, all the major locations where the movie was filmed. I thought you might be interested in this info. So, here are the coordinates of many of the locations shown in the movie.
To view location images below, please click location titles.
1. "Bedridge" Train Station (there is now a statue of Hachi in the circle where he used to wait):
1 High St., Woonsocket, RI 02895
2. "Bedridge" Train Station (view of track and platform):
3. Downtown (where Parker walks home carrying puppy Hachi):
Arnold St and Main St., Woonsocket, RI 02895
4. Parker and Cate's home:
High St and Walley St., Bristol, RI 02809
5. Milton and Myra's butcher shop:
Arnold St and Sayles St., Woonsocket, RI 02895
6. Train tracks (that Hachi walks on after running away from Andy's home):
Railroad crossing at Harris Ave and Railroad St., Woonsocket, RI 02895
7. Railway Bridge under which Hachi walks (view of the fork in the train tracks):
Blackstone St., Woonsocket, RI 02895
8. Location of stationary train cars (under which Hachi sleeps).
(View from River Street: You can see the building marked "DOM POLSKI".
In the movie, it can be seen in the background when Hachi first
arrives at the location)
9. Street where Hachi is shown walking from station to Milton and Myra's butcher shop.
10. Downtown (where the 10+ year old Hachi is seen for the first time):
Main St., Woonsocket, RI 02895